Sorry, unfortunately this product is currently out of stock
Other customers purchased instead
Kinesis Racelight 4S Disc Frameset - Blue
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
The Racelight 4S Disc Frameset. For 2015 the ultimate Winter bike gets the ultimate upgrade with the addition of disc brake mounts, internal cable routing and a brand new carbon fork to match. Disc brakes really come into their own on the grimy wet roads that this winter bike has to endure, and coupled with up to a 32mm tyre and full mudguards it makes life a little easier for the rider too!
The inboard disc caliper mount is the new Shimano flat mount standard and is very minimal. This frame has been designed to be built with either disc or caliper brakes so you can use current non disc wheels and caliper brakes and upgrade to disc later…or run caliper brakes in the Summer and discs in the Winter maybe…it’s down to you.The dropouts are adaptable between 130mm QR and 135mm QR by means of our Kinesis dropout adaptors, keeping all options open.The new full Carbon fork is specially designed for this model to run either disc or caliper brakes and features the discreet flat mount with hose clip, eyelets for mudguards and a caliper brake mount in the crown.
The tapered steerer provides plenty of stiffness to cope with the disc brake forces and keeps everything tracking and handling as nicely as before.The frame is made from smooth welded Kinesium and features internal routing for the rear caliper brake cable [if required]. It also has full internal routing for the front and rear mech cables and rear disc brake hose in the downtube, which neatly exit via ports in a special BB shell. By the way, that BB is BSA threaded 68mm – phew. No creaky press fit BB.
The Kinesium tubing is butted and shaped to give a stiff front triangle with more compliance in the rear triangle provided by the skinny curved stays, giving a balance of performance and comfort we’ve tuned over a decade or so. All at a very low weight too.We have also added provision for Di2 wiring, which if combined with a hydraulic brake set up really would be a low maintenance wet weather bike.There is also a new 55.5cm size added in the range this Autumn.This brings the 4S right up to date and we believe it is the best value and most versatile four season bike on the market. The 4S disc is in a class of its own.
- Smooth welded Kinesium tubeset is optimised for stiffness in the front triangle with compliance for comfort in the rear triangle
- Tapered headtube with integrated FSA type headset
- Disc mount – Inboard Shimano Flat-mount on frame with post mount adapter included. Rotor size is 160mm with post mount adaptor. Flat mount calipers can be run with 140mm rotors or 160mm with appropriate adaptor.
- Eyeletted seat stays for mudguards and racks, double bottle cage mounts. Inboard caliper is out of the way making rack and guard mounting simple. 32mm tyre clearance with 'guards.
- Colour matched full carbon fork with flat mount, eyelets and long drop brake caliper mount
- Internal cable routing, Di2 compatible
- 130mm and 135mm rear QR hub compatible – removable bolt in dropout spacers
- Dual bottle mounts
- FSA Taper headset, Kinesis seat clamp, 160mm flat mount to post mount adapter included.
- Tapered headtube – 1” 1/8 top race, tapered to 1” ½ bottom 36x45 integrated FSA type.
- 27.2mm seat post required
- 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket – it works!
- 31.8 band on front mech mount
- Di2 Ready
- Internal hose routing in downtube
- Replaceable rear mech hanger
- Frameset includes fork, headset, seatclamp and two 160mm post mount adaptors
- Sizing; Centre /top, 48cm , 51cm, 54cm , 55.5cm , 57cm, 60cm , 63cmColours: Cyan Metallic Blue or Steel Silver
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is:
How will I know it has been sent
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing your account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from the shipping date of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbors to see if your delivery has been left with them, check any places it could be left such as: garage, porch, or behind garbage cans if it was too big to fit through your mailbox. Contact your local post office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Top Customer Reviews
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.
Got this frame for a build to fit my wife who is of small frame (155cm). Shipping took some time, but the frame arrived safely and neatly packed. First impress was that the workmanship was excellent. Paint work to detailing and integrity of the frame was very good. One complaint is that the rear axle was slightly shorter than the standard QR, meaning that to fit the wheel a little bit of outward pressure was required to ensure there was enough room to fit. My other complaint (which prevent this frame from being 5 stars) was that it came with no instructions for all the arrays of parts and accessories. It would appears that a standard set is provided for all bikes in Kinesis range as I could not see anywhere to fit any of the bits. The other gripe is that with so many bits and pieces, they fail to include all but 1 bottle cage screws. Haven't had a chance to take the bike for a ride, but initial test roll around the driveway felt balanced and comfortable.