Sorry, unfortunately this product is currently out of stock
Other customers purchased instead
Giro Empire SLX Road Cycling Shoes - White/Black
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
At just 175 grams (size 42.5), the Empire™ SLX sets a new standard for light weight cycling footwear. Yet it doesn’t compromise the structure or stiffness needed to put full power to the pedals thanks to a combination of exceptional fit, a new Evofibre™ SL one-piece upper, and the Easton® EC90™ SLX2 high-modulus outsole. And with replaceable heel pads, full titanium hardware and our adjustable SuperNatural Fit Kit, these are full-featured shoes built to win, and built to last.
- EVOFIBER™ - Evofiber™ takes the best attributes of mesh and microfiber, and fuses them into a single fabric that repels water and improves breathability throughout the shoe. By eliminating the extra seams and adhesives required to insert mesh panels, the durability, comfort and weight of our shoes can all be dramatically improved. Evofiber™ also holds shape exceptionally well, and is fast drying and easy to clean.
- SUPERNATURAL FIT SYSTEM - A superb fit, with adjustable arch support to help optimise comfort and enhance pedalling efficiency.
- X-STATIC™ FIBER - X-Static FIBER – X-Static fibers use natural silver to provide heat conductive and anti-microbial properties to help keep your hands warm, and your gloves free of odor-causing bacteria and fungus.
- EASTON® CARBON COMPOSITE OUTSOLE - Unidirectional carbon fiber outsole is engineered to provide a direct connection with the pedal, thanks to class-leading stiffness that puts full effort into forward motion.
- One-piece upper design
- Premium Evofiber™ SL breathable Teijin® microfiber
- Empire laces: holds a knot, durable and light
- Easton® EC90 SLX2 high-modulus carbon
- Titanium hardware
- Replaceable heed pads
- Ultralight SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support
- Ultralight footbed
- X-Static® anti-microbial fibre
- 175 grams (size 42.5 with Ultralight footbed)
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is:
How will I know it has been sent
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing your account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from the shipping date of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbors to see if your delivery has been left with them, check any places it could be left such as: garage, porch, or behind garbage cans if it was too big to fit through your mailbox. Contact your local post office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Top Customer Reviews
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.
Outstanding shoes with amazing performance when pushed. Quick delivery and customer service
If you want the best of the best in term of cycling shoes, then this is the one you'll want to buy. They are so light that you barely feel them when riding, they are really stiff and very comfortable. The only downsides I see with these is first that you can't adjust them on the fly since they are laced shoes and second that the leather on the shoes is very fragile. Finally, this is a personal opinion, but I think they are the best looking shoes on the market. The white ones are super shinny and classical.
What's not to like?
Feather weight, stiff, supremely comfortable... what's not to like (love)? Beautiful shoes! I had forgotten how comfortable laced shoes shoes could be, compared to velcro straps or BOA systems. My fear before I got them was that part way into a ride I would want to adjust them (or they would come out of adjustment) and I would need to stop and re-lace them. Happily that has never been the case. The lacing system allows me to tighten the shoes perfectly around my wide 'duck' feet, and GIRO has somehow been able to manufacture a 'magic shoelace' that stays tightly adjusted and doesn't loosen over time. Once I lace them on, they stayed tight and comfortable for the duration of the ride, with no hot spots. That, and the fact they're so light (feel like I'm wearing nothing on my feet), make these my new favourite shoe. They may be on the pricey end of the scale, but they're worth every penny. I hope I get years of use from them.