Race The Distance.
The RTD is the ultimate transcontinental bike.
Designed to be ridden fast across cities, counties or continents, the RTD lives up to its name – Race The Distance, be that to work, on the Sunday club run, an Audax or even The Transcontinental Race.
The RTD geometry has been carefully refined to allow responsive, yet stable handling in all guises even when fully loaded for your next adventure.
The Kinesis RTD is the ultimate Scandium, all conditions, all seasons frameset.
- We have put everything we have learned during the last 17 years of alloy frame design and manufacture into this completely new and very advanced Scandium alloy road bike frame. Whilst other manufacturers focus has been on carbon, we believe that by putting the same development into alloy tubing, we have created a frame that rivals carbon in many ways, and hands down beats it on price.
- Damian Mason of Kinesis UK said ‘Kinesis are the only frame manufacturer to use Super Plastic Forming (SPF) on their alloy frames. Most manufacturers use Hydroformed tubes, but with SPF we can create lighter tubes and more intricate shapes that will build into a lighter and stiffer frameset.’
- The RTD went through multiple prototypes to fine tune the geometry to make a frame that was stable when loaded, yet handled well and felt fast on an Alpine pass. As with the geometry, the tubing shape has been carefully selected to maximise the riding characteristics of the RTD. An oversized down tube, flared top tube and tapered head tube combine to make a laterally stiff front end. Whilst the flattened seat stays and narrow gauge seat tube add a level of compliance in the rear end.
- We have integrated the gear cables and rear brake hose into the headtube. The absence of cable port holes on the down tube allow us to use a lighter weight down tube and has the added benefit of cleaner lines to the frame.
- We have combined our flagship Scandium alloy frame with a full carbon monocoque from leading fork manufacturer Columbus. The RTD is fitted with the all new Columbus Futura fork. The Futura has everything we wanted in a fork for the RTD – masses of tyre clearance, longer fork offset, internal routing, mudguard compatibility, all wrapped up in a lightweight package.
- As with our premium titanium GTD frameset, we have partnered with GW engineering and we are supplying the RTD with their patented ‘Switch Lever’ hollow Thru Axles with a removeable lever.
- The RTD uses adaptable cable ports which allow you to build your frame with exactly the right cable routing for whether you are running Di2 or mechanical gearing with either a 1x or 2x set up.
- The frame has the full complement of bottle mounts and mudguard mounts, enabling you to build your bike up for your next epic adventure.
- Super Plastic Formed Scandium alloy
- Columbus Futura carbon monocoque fork
- 142x12mm Thru Axle rear spacing
- 100x12mm Thru Axle front fork
- GW ‘Switch Lever’ axles front and rear
- Clearance for up to 34c tyres
- Clearance for up to 30c tyres with guards
- Di2 / 1x / 2x mechanical compatible
- Three bottle cage mounts
- Mudguard mounts
- 68mm threaded BB
- 27.2mm seat post required
- 31.8mm seat clamp and front mech clamp required
- Kinesis designed tapered headset with ACB bearings
- Colour: Orca (white and black)
- Sizes: 48 / 51 / 54 / 55.5 / 57 / 60 / 63
- Warranty: 3 years
- Frame supplied with fork, headset, seat clamp, front & rear through axle, frame ports and cable guides.
- Weight: 1400g (51cm frame)