Silca Sicuro Titanium Bottle Cage
Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
Artisan handmade titanium tube bottle cage complete with low-profile titanium mounting bolts. The Sicuro Titanium Bottle Cage has been designed to be the best bicycle bottle cage in the world light strong and easy to use.
SICURO Titanium is the classic Ti bottle cage re-engineered with an eye for the details that you’ve come to expect from SILCA. Each cage is hand-made at our Indianapolis, IN headquarters in the USA using custom manufacturing processes and a state of the art laser welder, the first of its kind in the bicycle industry. Made from ultra-lightweight aerospace-grade titanium tubing, these cages also feature unique oval-shaped eyelets which allow fore/aft adjustability to account for differences in mounting locations from frame to frame.
One of the most interesting learnings to out of the testing phase for this product was the effect that cage bolts had on both bottle retention as well as cage fatigue life. Each SICURO Titanium bottle cage comes with two of our premium Titanium Mounting Bolts. Each bolt is machined complete in one operation from 6Al/4V Titanium on a Swiss Lathe. The low-profile flange head design of the bolt distributes load across nearly 3x more surface area than a cap screw and 2x the surface area of a button head for increased rigidity and lower stress.
Why create bottle cages using premium materials and aerospace technology? SICURO Ti cages are part of our Ultimate product line which means we guarantee they’ll last for twenty-five years. We’re able to offer our Shield Warranty on this product because we’re confident that the 3-2.5 Titanium and precise laser welds used to create it will endure. After the bending and welding process, each cage is then polished by hand, sealed and finally stamped with the SILCA shield on the base plate before being packaged and shipped to your door.
We ultimately developed 3 different tests to help us understand how to make the world's best cage.
- Multi-axis shake test. This test allows the engineers to shake the bottle and cage at different frequencies and amplitudes while also mounting the cage/bottle at different attitudes. This allows us to simulate bottle retention in different positions on the bicycle, downtube, seat tube, beneath the downtube (becoming common on gravel bikes), behind the saddle (as on a tri bike), etc..
- Insertion-Removal test. This is one of the most interesting tests in that we can both fatigue cycle the bottle cage to simulate bottle insertion and removal over thousands of cycles, but the equipment is fully instrumented so that we can test for insertion and removal force at various angles and attitudes. One of the most interesting learnings from this test has been the debunking of the myth that stiffer cages with higher insertion/removal force will always hold bottles better. In fact, many cages with high insertion/removal force also struggle with high-frequency vibration where the high holding force holds the bottle in place as it walks out the top of the cage.
- Fatigue Test - This test is the most severe of the 3, using a pneumatic cylinder to simulate a 4G lateral impact with a full bottle which is 2x the highest force measured in on-bike testing and equal to the force measured in a heavy mountain bike crash. Some of the benchmark cages we tested were broken or permanently deformed in only 1 cycle of this test, many others fail in the tens of cycles. Sicuro Ti: 2500 cycles.
- Aerospace Technology
- Seamless 3-2.5 Aerospace grade titanium tubing
- Handmade by lasers
- Extended adjustment mounting slots
- Low profile 6-4 titanium mounting bolts
- 29 grams without bolts
- 25 years guarantee
- Handmade in the USA
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is: In stock.
Express Delivery Available If ordered before 8pm, delivered by courier next working day. Available on orders placed before 8pm (2pm weekends and Bank Holidays) for delivery next business day. Applies to most delivery addresses within mainland UK.
How will I know it has been sent
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing your account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from the shipping date of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbors to see if your delivery has been left with them, check any places it could be left such as: garage, porch, or behind garbage cans if it was too big to fit through your mailbox. Contact your local post office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
There are currently no reviews.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a $125 voucher to spend on ProBikeKit.