Stage 5 see the riders going along a flat section of road with a little incline towards the end of the route. 203km along the from Cosenza to Matera, the course is relatively flat until the final stages where depending on the weather conditions could cause some crashes.
With the race just finishing we can announce that Pink Jersey winner of stage 5 is John Degenkolb (Germany) from team Argos with a time of 4:37:48.In a close second was Angel Vicioso, with Bradley Wiggins loosing out on a ranking due to him being held up by a crash that happened in the last stage of the race.
1. John Degenkolb (Germany/Argos) 4:37:48'
2. Angel Vicioso (Spain/Katusha) same time
3. Paul Martens (Germany/Blanco)
4. Sergio Henao (Colombia/Team Sky)
5. Matteo Trentin (Italy/Omega Pharma Quick Step)
6. Jarlinson Pantano (Colombia/Colombia)
7. Daniel Oss (Italy/BMC Racing)
8. Jens Keukeleire (Belgium/Orica)
9. Grega Bole (Slovenia/Vacansoleil)
10. Tanel Kangert (Estonia/Astana)
1. Luca Paolini (Italy / Katusha) 19:56:39'
2. Rigoberto Uran (Colombia / Team Sky) 17'
3. Benat Intxausti (Spain / Movistar) 26'
4. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy / Astana) 31'
5. Ryder Hesjedal (Canada / Garmin) 34'
6. Bradley Wiggins (Britain / Team Sky)
7. Giampaolo Caruso (Italy / Katusha) 36'
8. Sergio Henao (Colombia / Team Sky) 37'
9. Mauro Santambrogio (Italy / Vini Fantini) 39'
10. Cadel Evans (Australia / BMC Racing) 42'